Striving for 50% Women in Triathlon #womenForTri
The triathlon world needs more women! Encourage more of your girls friend to try Triathlon, perhaps by first asking them to join you on a bike ride or a fun run.
IRONMAN and Women For Tri are excited to launch a bid to make history by striving to achieve 50% Female Participation at 2016 SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia!
On December 4, 2016 SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia and competing female athletes, will set out to achieve the bold target of 50% female participation! In a bid to make history by becoming the first IRONMAN event ever to achieve an even split of male and female competitors.
Last year, IRONMAN’s average global female participation rate was 20%, with SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia’s female participation sitting just above the global average at 22.5 percent.
To date, IRONMAN has never held an event with 50% female participation. IRONMAN Chattanooga currently holds the female participation record, at 31% in 2015.
Grab your girlfriends, head to Western Australia, inspire women to ‘TRI’ support the growth of female participation in triathlon and help ‘LIGHT THE WAY’ for female triathletes to make history at 2016 SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia
Let’s unite and show the world #WhyWeTry at #IMWA
Join the Women For Tri community at SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia
Women who register for IRONMAN Western Australia will not only be part of this special movement, but $10 of every female IRONMAN race entry fee will be also donated back to the Women For Tri Grant Fund. Female IRONMAN athletes will also receive some pretty special perks including, but not limited to the following:
- $10 of every female IRONMAN registration fee to be donated to the W4T Grant Fund
- Organized pre-race female group training sessions
- Pre-race webinars
- IRONKIDS – Striving for 50% female participation
- Women’s Only Function proudly brought to you by Witsup
- 8pm Women’s Hour – Light Up The Night in a show of support for female participation
- Female Race Commentator and increased female Pro race coverag
- Join the community dedicated to you via the Women For Tri Facebook Group and connect with fellow #IMWA athletes via #WhyWeTry.
Sign up for 2016 SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia and help make history by achieving 50% female participation for the first time ever at an IRONMAN event. Click here to register.
Originally from: Ironman.com