In keeping up with the fitness wearable market today, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd unveiled a lightweight fitness tracker, Gear Fit2 and a wireless earbuds, Gear IconX.
Samsung pays close attention to fitness needs, and features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player provide users with the optimal fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offers accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout.
Look Mum, no wires!
The Gear IconX is a truly cord-free fitness earbuds product that can track fitness information and provide users with running feedback on their exercise performance. Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimized to benefit users’ various fitness lifestyles, whether they are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighbourhood.
Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics said:
“Living a healthy lifestyle is a top priority for consumers to enjoy fulfilling lives. Our wearable technology can enhance existing routines and blend fitness and fun. The Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are specialized to easily address these needs, ultimately allowing users to get more out of their fitness experiences and everyday activities,”
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
- An ergonomic, sleek, slim, and comfortable design for everyday use
- A Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for users to easily monitor their fitness, or check and respond to text message notifications
- GPS and HRM functions to provide accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
- With Auto tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing or elliptical machines
- For a better understanding of their health, users can easily transfer their data between S Health and other select fitness applications
- A ‘Step Goal Challenge’ can be instantly shared with friends and family on Facebook for ongoing motivation
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
- Integrated Spotify app lets you access millions of songs, so you’ll always have the perfect workout soundtrack
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
- Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips; and can be activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears
- Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, and easily syncs with S Health
- Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience
- With Bluetooth capability and internal storage that allows users to store up to 1,000 MP3s, users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music
Preorders for the Gear Fit2 will begin June 3, 2016 at Amazon, Best Buy and BestBuy.com, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Macy’s, and Samsung.com. The Gear Fit2 will be available in-store and online at retailers and major wireless carriers starting June 10, 2016. Gear IconX will be available beginning in Q3 2016.