At the debut of the ITU Winter Triathlon World Cup in Harbin, China, Russian triathletes six-times World Champion Pavel Andreev and teammate Daria Rogozina dominated the races.
Winter triathlon involves a run, mountain bike and cross country ski all on snow, and is the newest addition to the ITU calendar.
The race was run in freezing temperatures over a frozen river with a circuit consisting of a 6.88 km run (2 laps), followed by a 12.5 km bike course (1 lap) and cross country ski 10.32 km (3 laps).
This year, the Italian ski resort of Asiago will host the World Championships in February, while Romania will host the European Championships.
Results: Elite Men
1. Pavel Andreev RUS 01:22:51
2. Evgenii Evgrafov RUS 01:23:03
3. Pavel Yakimov RUS 01:23:14
4. Dmitriy Bregeda RUS 01:23:17
5. Denis Kabanen RUS 01:26:27
Results: Elite Women
1. Daria Rogozina RUS 01:34:27
2. Yulia Surikova RUS 01:35:04
3. Svetlana Sokolova RUS 01:37:41
4. Romana Slavinec AUT 01:43:31
5. Sandra Mairhofer ITA 01:44:14