Who says you can’t go nutty and healthy over Pad Thai? Here’s a healthy twist to the must-have dish in Thai cuisine as the perfect recovery meal after your workout.
NUTTY PAD THAI
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups cooked brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons preservative-free fish sauce (if you want to go vegan, use apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of organic cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or bragg soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup leeks, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Himalayan sea salt
- Cook the vermicelli noodles and set aside in a warm place.
- Heat up a wok over high heat and add the sesame oil along with the chopped almonds and sauté 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chopped garlic and all the spices, vegetables, and sauces . (Everything but the lime juice.) Sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Incorporate the cooked vermicelli and mix everything together well.
- Pour a splash of lime juice on top and serve!