2020 brings the start of a brand new decade, giving you a brand new opportunity to discover a NEW you.
If you are bored with the usual gym routine, or doing a single discipline sport, why not mix them up for something more exciting?
- If you are good in running and cycling, consider doing a duathlon.
- If you are good in swimming and running, try an aquathlon.
- If you want to combine swimming, cycling and running, then give triathlon a go!
See our tips below on getting started in multisports.
- You can always join a group of friends, or clubs to get started with your training.
- Do not think about speed at first, just get into the groove and get the hang of it.
- Once you have got it, consider investing in some equipment and gear. For example, a triathlon specific bike or shoes to fit the distance you will run.
- Consider some massages, stretch or yoga sessions to reduce the chances of getting injured and give yourself a break. It is not always about pushing your limits.
- Check the events calendar, then register to make your commitment. And train for it.
Here are some Malaysian races in the first half of 2020. Most races are beginner friendly, so start planning your ‘race-cation’ with family or friends for that great excuse to race!
Jan 19 : 113 Aquathlon Melaka
Mar 01 : Port Dickson International Triathlon 2020
Mar 14-15 : Powerman Malaysia
Mar 22 : Encore Melaka Aquathlon 2020
Mar 29 : 113 Triathlon OD Melaka
Apr 18-19 : Desaru Coast Sprint Triathlon, 5150 Desaru Coast, IRONMAN 70.3 Desaru Coast, Johor
Please note dates are based on information from organisers and may be subjected to changes. For a full race calendar, please visit ToughASIA’s Race Calendar here.
Go forth, embrace the change, and get ready for an improved version of yourself!