Berry, Avocado and Cauliflower smoothie
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Put ingredients in blender.
- Add more ice or almond milk to get desired consistency.
If you thought that high concentrations of vitamin C can only be found in oranges and other citrus fruits, you thought wrong.
Check out Brassica oleracea and BOOM, you just got 497% of your daily dose of vitamin C. Cauliflower is also a superb source of potassium. Skip the oranges and bananas post workout, and roast, boil, steam, or just eat raw, some of this nutritionally dense vegetable.
- Cut off stem
- Separate the florets
- Wash florets well
Eating cauliflower isn’t rocket science. Some simple cooking preparation techniques include:
- Raw: It’s a truly dippable vegetable. Ranch dressing or hummus – whatever you want, just dip and eat.
- Steam it: Great way to maintain the nutritional integrity of vegetable. Takes 5-10 minutes.
- Boil it: Drop it the pot for just 5 – 10 minutes.
- Roast it: At 400F, bake it in your oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Mash it: It’s kinda like making mashed potatoes, just a whole lot healthier.