Start your Vision 2020 with achievable running goals to improve your run, or start running. Everyone starts somewhere, you just need to put one foot in front of the other.
If you’re new to running, here’s 5 Running Goals that you should aim to achieve.
#1 Run Regularly
If you’re new to running, try setting a goal for yourself to run twice a week to start a good habit. It’s better to run twice a week than trying to cram in 4 runs in a week and over-burdening your body.
#2 Run Non-Stop
Even if you’re a regular runner, try setting the goal of running non-stop over any distance you feel that is challenging for you. It could be as simple as running around the park, or even a distance of several kilometres. Once you’ve achieved this, set your target higher and try again.
#3 Set your Target Distance
Choose your target distance for 2020 be it 10km or even a marathon, this will set your mind going and focus yourself on completing this distance.
#4 Sign Up for a Race!
Now that you’ve a target race to achieve, look up races in Malaysia and plan your race-cations! You could also mix it up with a themed-run, relay or charity run with family and friends.
We’ve listed some races here to get you started. Please note that event dates are subject to change. For more races, visit ToughASIA’s Race Calendar here.
Marathons in Malaysia
- 22-23 Feb : Selangor Marathon
- 08 Mar : Malaysia Women Marathon in Selangor
- 22 Mar : Miri Marathon in Sarawak
- 04 Apr : Perlis Marathon
- 13-14 June : Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon
- 21 June : Borneo Marathon, Sabah
- 27 June : Kedah Marathon
- 05 July : N9 Marathon in Negeri Sembilan
- 05 July : Cat City Marathon 2020 in Sarawak
- 18 July : Score Marathon in Kuala Lumpur
- 26 July : Sandakan Marathon in Sabah
- 16 Aug : Kuching Marathon in Sarawak
- 30 Aug : Melaka Marathon
- 12 Sep : Larian Antarabangsa Jambatan Sultan Mahmud in Kuala Terengganu
- 24 Oct : Putrajaya Night Marathon
- 15 Nov : Johor Marathon
Half Marathons in Malaysia
- 16 Feb : Key Power Sports Run (25K) in Selangor
- 22 Feb : BUDI WilayahKu Half Marathon in Putrajaya, Selangor
- 22 Feb : Camrun 2020 in Cameron Highlands, Pahang
- 23 Feb : Borneo Half Marathon in Sabah
- 29 Feb : Alor Setar Half Marathon in Kedah
- 01 Mar : TRR Spin Run 2020 in Taiping, Perak
- 08 Mar : Kuala Lumpur City Day Half Marathon
- 12 Apr : Kota Kinabalu Half Marathon in Sabah
- 19 Apr : Run To Inspire Half Marathon in Sandakan, Sabah
- 21 Jun : Move On 2020 Half Marathon in Cyberjaya, Selangor
- 26 Jul : Kluang Half Marathon in Johor
- 09 Aug : PJ Half Marathon in Petaling Jaya, Selangor
#5 Run Some, Lose Some (Weight)
As we exercise more, yes, our appetite will increase but do try and curb those empty calories and cravings. Gain more self-confidence and self-esteem by getting some runs out there, socialise and lose weight. Win win win!