Over RM60,000 in Finisher Entitlements
Sponsored by Vivo Malaysia and Love Earth
- Rediscover Kuala Lumpur by running in at least 2 location checkpoints with a minimum distance of 10KM to earn entitlements.
- All participants are automatically entitled to two rankings. Top 10 fastest average runners and longest distance completed in each checkpoint wins a special gift by Love Earth.
- Vivo Malaysia, Official Smartphone Partner, and Love Earth, Official Organic Partner, will provide vouchers and products worth over RM125 to every finisher.
- Registration opens until Thursday, 28 February 2019 at RM38, and run to be completed by Sunday, 31 March 2019.
- Register at https://www.vracemalaysia.com.
VRace Kuala Lumpur, the first competitive geolocation virtual run in Malaysia debuts with Vivo Malaysia, Love Earth, World Asia Logistics and ToughAsia supporting the race.
With virtual runs growing in popularity amongst running enthusiasts, VRace Kuala Lumpur is set to revolutionise the sport with two new concepts – geolocation based and competitive racing.
VRace, in short for Virtual Race, will be kicking off its series of runs in the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, a home for popular running routes in Malaysia.
Eight running locations with specific checkpoints have been identified for runners to rediscover the hidden gems in the city. Runners are required to complete at least two checkpoints with a minimum distance of 10km to be entitled to rankings and finisher entitlements.
Race locations and checkpoints:
- Bukit Jalil Recreational Park: International Garden – Malaysia
- Bukit Kiara: Taman Persekutuan Bukit Kiara
- Dataran Merdeka: Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad
- Desa ParkCity: The Waterfront @ CityPark
- FRIM: Sg Kroh Waterfall
- KLCC Park: PETRONAS Twin Towers
- Perdana Botanical Garden: Bamboo Playhouse
- Tugu Negara: Tugu Negara Sculpture
All specific checkpoints with exact Google Map locations are available on https://www.vracemalaysia.com. Results within a 50-metre radius from each checkpoint will also be accepted by the organiser.
“Vivo Malaysia is very excited to partner with VRace Kuala Lumpur for a revolutionised virtual run in Malaysia. The organisers’ enthusiasm to improve and transform the running industry aligns with our goals to always innovate and provide the best smartphone devices for our users,”Mike Xu, Chief Executive of Vivo Malaysia, Official Smartphone Partner of VRace Kuala Lumpur.
This is also our first initiative in sponsoring a run locally, and we hope that participants of VRace will enjoy rediscovering Kuala Lumpur with Vivo Malaysia.” Xu continued.
Runners can also submit their running photos during result submission to participate in the Vivo V11 Runners’ Gallery lucky draw.
Selected lucky draw winners will be rewarded with a Vivo mystery gift. Members of the public can also participate in the VRace Runner Survey powered by Vivo Malaysia to win special Vivo merchandise.
“VRace Kuala Lumpur seeks to make virtual runs more purposeful by having runners to run outdoors and enjoy the landscape, as well as to motivate runners to run further and faster. This will be a new way for runners to rediscover and experience the best running routes in Kuala Lumpur,”Sim Teong Eu, Founder of Seamless Strategies, co-organiser of VRace Kuala Lumpur.
He added that he is grateful towards the support given by the sponsors, and hope that VRace would continue to expand to more states and region in the coming years.
VRace Kuala Lumpur’s registration closes on Thursday, 28 February 2019. Runners will have 30 days to complete their runs upon registration, and the final result submission date will be on Sunday, 31 March 2019.
All race finishers with valid results will receive an e-certificate, a finisher bandana, Vivo and Love Earth vouchers and products, shipped within Peninsular Malaysia by World Asia Logistics.
VRace Kuala Lumpur is co-organised by Epic Hub Sdn Bhd and Seamless Strategies, and sponsored by Vivo Malaysia, Love Earth, World Asia Logistics and ToughAsia.