If you’re looking for a way to mix it up, spice up your salads by adding Arugula and a tinge of ginger sauce.
Arugula has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region since Roman times. It first earned its reputation in classical literature as an aphrodisiac, but is now ingested innocently in salads, bringing with it a modest amount of potassium and vitamin C.
Arugula, Pear and Grape salad with Ginger sauce
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 2 big ripe pears
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh shredded ginger
- Sea salt and pepper
- Wash the grapes and cut them in half.
- Slice the pears into thin pieces.
- Toss all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Pour all the liquids from the dressing ingredient list into a bowl and whisk together.
- Shred the ginger root and add it into the dressing.
- Heat up a pan and dry roast the sesame seeds for 30 seconds on high heat, then add them into the dressing mix.
- Pour the dressing into the salad and toss well!