adidas updates the iconic UltraBOOST to withstand the most unpredictable weather
Splash water-repellent Primeknit and reflective elements for all condition
Continental Stretchweb outsole technology to prevent slipping on wet or icy surfaces
BOOSTTM technology performs at its peak in hot and cold conditions
Portland, Ore. – adidas has unveilled two brand-new additions to the pioneering UltraBOOST family – the UltraBOOST All Terrain and UltraBOOST X All Terrain. Driven by innovation and style, each design is injected with adidas’ ground-breaking technologies including BOOSTTM, the Continental Stretchweb outsole, splash-repellent adidas Primeknit and reflective elements to support and protect runners regardless of weather conditions.
Shatter your excuses with the latest additions to the UltraBOOST family that are designed to empower runners to embrace conditions like rain, hail, darkness or cold. The UltraBOOST All Terrain includes an integrated cage for better support while the UltraBOOST X All Terrain, designed specifically for the female foot, includes the pioneering adaptive arch to ensure a better adidas Primeknit fit while continuing to add dynamic support, allowing each run to feel effortless.
“The autumnal weather can be unpredictable and as a result it took us longer than usual to develop these products,” said Stephan Schneider of adidas Running.
“Extensive testing ensured that each design element offers protection and uncompromised comfort in any condition. We specifically focused on increasing the ankle height in order to protect and create a smoother movement from the leg into the foot with each stride.”
Key features across both silhouettes include:
- Splash water-repellent adidas Primeknit upper – breathable fabrics combined with moisture-repellent yarns provide the ultimate fit and unbeatable protection against the ever-changing Fall conditions.
- Continental Stretchweb outsole – featuring world-class Continental rubber to increase foot to floor traction on slippery surfaces and enabling a smooth and more flexible ride.
- BOOSTTM midsole – ultra-responsive comfort and cushioning that stores and returns energy every time the foot hits the ground; even when dry, wet or icy.
- All Terrain LUX configuration – a coarse outsole ensuring stable foot to road traction when faced with adverse conditions such as rain or mud.
- Increased height ankle protection – as the weather grows colder the high-knit ankle design provides increased warmth during cold runs, differentiating the UltraBOOST All Terrain and UltraBOOST X All Terrain from other UltraBOOST silhouettes.
- Reflectivity – as the nights grow darker, reflective detailing on the sock offers ultimate visibility for street running.