The Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon’s (KLSCM) 11th edition is coming up next weekend on 28 and 29 September and you can look forward to the following highlights:-
- Change in name from SCKLM to KLSCM to give more prominence to the city and increase its tourism potential
- Biggest ever participation of 40,000 runners across all categories
- 1,900 running tourists from 73 countries
- YB Syed Saddiq, Minister of Youth and Sports, who will make it the first time a full-fledged Minister has taken part in the Half Marathon category
Here are some Malaysian Elite Runners who will be defending their titles too!
- Muhaizar Mohamad will be back to defend his Malaysian Men’s Full Marathon crown for the 5th consecutive time
- Loh Chooi Fern will defend her Malaysian Women’s Full Marathon crown. She recorded 3:18:44 last year and improved tremendously to a sub-3 personal best timing at the recent Gold Coast Marathon
- Sheela Samivellu will attempt to make it four in a row in the Malaysian Women’s Half Marathon
- In the Full Marathon Open category, two-time consecutive champions Cosmas Matolo Muteti and Elizabeth Chepkanan Rumokol from Kenya will return to defend their Men’s and Women’s titles respectively
- Canadian motivational speaker Chris Koch – born without limbs – who will be attempting his 8th marathon, and a first in Malaysia.